Hydrologic Engineering Centres-River Analysis System
HEC-RAS (Hydrologic Engineering Centre-River Analysis System) is recognised as an industry standard hydraulic modelling program that is widely used throughout the world. This week-long course covers basic, intermediate and advanced levels across both 1D and 2D. The courses run consecutively, attend any combination of courses.
Over six years since the last release, Version 5.0 was made available for free download in 2016. The new version includes two-dimensional floodplain modelling, unsteady sediment transport, bank erosion, water quality, and the RAS Mapper GIS interface.
This week consists of five courses, run consecutively, attend any combination of courses with respect to your level of experience and understanding.
Monday: Basic 1D
– Day 1 targets those who wish to develop an understanding of flow profile modelling and the basic use of the HEC-RAS model.
– Introduction to the HEC-RAS program
– Basic open channel flow hydraulics
– Principles of water surface profiles computation
Tuesday: Intermediate 1D
– Day 2 targets those who already have a basic understanding of flow profile modelling and the use of the HEC-RAS model and wish to extend their knowledge to solve more complex design problems.
– Junction analysis
– Bridge and culvert modeling
– Split flow modeling
– Multiple openings and encroachment options
Wednesday: Advanced 1D
– Day 3 targets those who require a more in-depth understanding of 1D modelling and additional features of HEC-RAS.
– Dam break modelling
– An introduction to sediment transport modeling and changes in mobile bed boundaries
– Pushing the boundaries with HEC-RAS – identifying difficult problems and troubleshooting techniques
– Unsteady flow modelling for 1D and 2D
– Quasi-2D lateral structures and storage areas
– Quasi-2D looped networks
Thursday: 2D Part 1
– Day 4 assumes a rudimentary prior knowledge of one-dimensional unsteady HEC-RAS modelling and is intended to prepare participants to construct and run 2D models.
– Introduction to HEC-RAS 2D modelling
– 1D vs 2D Theory
– Creating and refining 2D flow areas
– RAS Mapper and GIS interfacing
– Optimising and refining the 2D mesh
Friday: 2D Part 2
– Day 5 assumes a rudimentary prior knowledge of 2D HEC-RAS modelling and is intended to prepare participants to view, troubleshoot, and interpret 2D models and combined 1D/2D models.
– Viewing 2D output and results
– Creating and refining inline 2D Areas
– Troubleshooting and reviewing 2D models
– 2D model calibration
– HEC-RAS 5.0 vs. other 2D models
– Creating a 2D model from scratch
– All 2D course materials are provided under license agreement with WEST Consultants, a contracted U.S. Army Corps of Engineers training provider.
All 5 Days-$2,750
4 Days- $2,420
3 Days- $1,980
2 Days- $1,430
1 Day- $770